Thursday, June 28, 2007

It has finally come to this: blog as a tool of procrastination from work

I am finding it a bit hard to concentrate on work today because a) there is some sort of very noisy protest or celebration occurring on the street right outside of my office and b) I hit my head on a window frame. Both of these things are making me excessively cranky as the horns and shouting from the protest are making my headache worse. What these people are protesting (or celebrating), I have no idea. They are carrying banners and flags but the words are printed in light blue against white and I can't read them from the fifth floor.

Instead of continuing my research about energy consumption in agriculture, I have decided to update my blog. I thought it would make me feel better to talk about gelato, so here we go.

Flavors that I've eaten: apricot, coconut, coffee, toasted almond, cream, wild strawberry, rose, chocolate truffle (ohmygod), chocolate orange, baklava, poppy seed, flower of milk (no idea), fruits of the forrest (but really raspberry), watermelon, and cantelope.

If you think that I'm being obessive about gelato, let me tell you that everyone here talks about and eats gelato all the time. Two of my friends actually got into a heated debate about gelato versus granitas and we interrupted our evening plans to trek all the way across town for a showdown. People take their gelato eating seriously here. (The granita-gelato war was a happy tie as passionfruit granita and chocolate cinnamon gelato are both food of the gods and no one goes home unsatisfied after sampling both).

1 comment:

Nora Rocket said...

Baklava gelato? Be the eff still, by freaking beating heart.

Smooches for your brain bucket--watch yourself!